Sunday 3 December 2017

Mid Week Kitchen Slump? - Let's Cook!


Generally I am so busy and tired that I really don't have time to think what's for dinner today let alone tomorrow and I find that I spend less and less time with friends.  What better way to spend time with friends than cooking together, chatting, chopping and stirring.
One of the things I afforded myself on my recent visit to stay at my sister's house was time to think and reflect during the day while she was at work.

I started to think about communal meals - sharing time, stories and problems and making life a bit easier. I thought what about, maybe a Wednesday or Thursday, making a pot of stew or casserole or bolognaise etc together with some friends, each bring a container and take some home then the next day's supper is practically ready. More time to relax after work or listen too the kids reading - whatever you need.

What do you think? We set a theme, bring the main ingredients (I have the spices, flour - store cupboard essentials etc) but each person brings their main ingredients, meat, vegetables etc. Cook together and share out the final dish to take home for the next night's supper.
I live in St Albans in Hertfordshire and I appreciate that not everyone lives near enough to me to take part but if you are inspired you could get together with your friends and family and do the same!  If you write a blog we could also link to each other's posts.
Please leave your comments below - Do you like the idea? Would you take part either with me or locally to where you live? Please share this post on your social media too - it might just take off!!

All opinions and photos are my own. No photographs may be used in any form without my written permission. 

1 comment: