Monday 20 November 2017

Chili Paste Chicken

Recently I was going to visit my sister in North Carolina leaving Mr R home to look after the dog and the house.  However he has a history of not cooking and just taking food out of the freezer.  I didn't want to waste so decided to make a chilli paste to use up some of the contents of my fresh spice bowl.
I put into the blender the two long red chillies and two green chillies that I had not been able to use. yet.  
To this I added lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, 3 plump garlic cloves, remaining half of a bunch of coriander and a cut up thumb size piece of fresh ginger.
Blitz them all together until it makes a paste.
I filled an ice cube container so that I could freeze the paste in small portions to use as and when  I need them.  The last bit I mixed with yogurt to smear all over the chicken that I was going to cook for Mr R.

The house smelled divine whilst it was cooking. Mr R wanted to cut into it immediately although I made him let the chicken rest!

About one hour later and the chicken is ready to eat.  I made a gravy with the juices in the pan and served with a side salad.  Mmm mmm it was good!
I created this recipe to feed Mr R.  As usual all opinions and photos are my own and may not be reproduced in any form without my written permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment