American 1-2-3 Cake where I use applesauce.
As we have so many apples and following a massive applesauce making session I decided to combine the two recipes somewhat.
I make my applesauce with loads of ground cinnamon and freshly ground nutmeg that I bring home from my adventures in Grenada each spring.
6oz/170gm butter - melted
12oz/340gm Self Raising Flour
12oz/340gm mixed dried fruit (this time I used chopped dates, dried pineapple, apricots, cherries and prunes)
1/2 pint cooled apple sauce
2-3 Tbsp milk
1tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground ginger
* In a large bowl put all of the dried ingredients.
* Stir in melted butter and apple sauce.
* If batter is a bit dry add 2-3 tablespoons milk.
* Mix well and put into a greased and floured baking tin (I also use a greaseproof bottom liner to help the cake release)
* Bake at 180 degrees for 50-60 minutes in the centre of the oven however my oven takes another 10-15 minutes
* Cool 5 minutes
* Take out of the tin and cool until completely cool
All opinions and photographs are my own. No photographs may be reproduced in any form without my written permission.