Wednesday 26 July 2017

Tobago: Take Your Writer to Work Day

You may have heard of  'Take your dog to work day' or Take your child to work day'. Well as part of my visit to Tobago, the hotel we stayed in Le Grand Courlan Spa Resort wanted to treat me to a short cooking session in the kitchen with Chef Sandra and on the itinerary it was called Take Your Writer to Work Day!

Le Grand Courlan Spa Resort offers an international menu with each day having a special theme i.e. Italian Night, Tobago Night, Mexican Night and so on.  We were going in to the kitchen to cook one of the dishes one the Indian Night menu.

First of all we had to don aprons, hair nets and chef hats.  Mr R thought it really funny.
Everything was laid out and ready for us to get started.  We were going to be making a West Indian Chicken Curry and a potato dish for our lunch. Tobago has a very diverse population and cultural history giving a great diversity to the cuisine.
It was really interesting to talk to the chefs about the recipe and hear their little tips and hints.  It seemed a lot of chicken was going into the pot but it was intended to feed Mr R and myself, Chef Sandra, Chef Mago and trainee chef Michelle.
By now the aroma was intoxicating however it was a really simple recipe and it didn't take long to cook.
The finished meal was served up with a home made roti.  The chicken was slightly spicy but within my tolerances.  Mr R certainly loved it.
I loved the idea of sitting down with the chefs and eating the meal we had all cooked together.
This was my first 'Take Your Writer to Work Day' and I think it was a big success.  I am looking forward to making the main course here at home.
Thanks to Le Grand Courlan Spa Resort for a really fun morning!  I was not required to write a positive review nor was I paid to write this post.  I was a guest at Le Grand Courlan Spa Resort.  As usual all photographs are my own and may not be reproduced in any manner without my written permission .

No comments:

Post a Comment