Wednesday 7 December 2016

A Christmas Wish List

There is nothing like sending your Christmas list to Santa in time for his arrival on Christmas Eve and if you have been good you can expect some great surprises.

On my list this year I think I will have a couple of products from HoMedics such as My Spa - 2 in 1 Instant Pedi for heavenly soles.
Diamond crystal rollers to gently remove hard skin all over your feet - a real feet treat! (uses 3 x AAA batteries and they ARE included!)

HoMedics My Spa - Facial Cleansing Brush to deep clean and exfoliate your face for beautiful skin. Its water resistant so you can use it in the shower and it sits nicely on the bathroom shelf in its own holder.  And as above it uses 3 X AAA batteries which ARE included!!

And lastly from HoMedics how does a Handheld Shiatsu Massager sound?
Popping into TKMaxx for me is like a kid popping into the sweet shop!  However the thing about TKMaxx is that the stock turn around is quick and limited so if you see something you like you should buy it then and there!

I found a couple of goodies on my last visit which will make welcome additions to my Christmas decor and help make my entertaining a little easier.  For starters, I want the Christmas tree shape as my main shape this year (last year it was snowflakes) and really love this stainless steel candle holder in the shape of a Christmas tree.  Following on from that is the miniature cast iron pan with a mix included to make a single serving of chocolate brownie and guess which shape the cast iron pan is ... yes, a Christmas tree!!
The board in the back ground makes a fantastic plaque to pop onto a nail on the wall or a mince pie serving board.  I liked the simple colours and messages meaning it would work with any Christmas decor.  The total cost of all three was within my twenty pounds budget.

Something that caught my eye as I walked past was this serving board with three little pots. You could serve mince pies and a selection of creams (whipped cream, brandy cream and a cointreau cream) to dollop on top of the mince pies or perhaps cheese selection with chutney, pickle and olives in the three pots.  The possibilities are endless taking this right into the BBQ season in the summer.  The price was just under fifteen pounds.
Mr R is the red wine lover in our house (I prefer a crisp dry white wine) so I thought this new item from VacuVin was perfect for him.  Don't tell him he is getting this for Christmas!!
The carafe sits in a cork base which is on a ball bearing. When you fill the carafe with your favourite red wine you can just give it a swirl, first in one direction then in the opposite direction and the swirling will help aerate the wine letting it breathe and enhance the flavours of the experience upon drinking.  This will surely be a great present for the wine lover in your life!!
Fed up of under cooking or over cooking your Christmas turkey or large piece of meat.  Thermapen are a reliable meat thermometer which when stuck into the thick part of the meat will read the temperature thus letting you know when you have reached the safe cooking levels.
If you want to win a Thermapen you can read my recent blog post which includes a giveaway by clicking here.

If you are in need of a quick and really tasty supper over the busy shopping period Giovanni Rana Italian Indulgence, large ravioli will do the job in time.
I was sent a selection, cooked one for supper with a simple Cirio tomato sauce and put the other two in the freezer for another work tired day!
This is just a quick list of some of the products I have been sent lately to review.  I was not paid to write a positive review and as usual all opinions are my own.  All photographs are my own and cannot be reproduced or used without my permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment