Tuesday 10 May 2016

Aldi: Simple Sensational Spring offers

Aldi have come out with a fantastic Spring range of products with are currently in store (available whilst stocks last). Some of the products in this range (different stores may carry different items in the range) are:

Professional Style Frying Pan by Crofton's Chef's Collection. I really like this pan which doesn't require any fats or oils, is non stick and with a stainless steel handle is safe to use in the oven up to 220oC. (RRP £12.99)
I cooked some bacon for a potato salad which I needed really crispy.  This was really easy in this professional style frying pan.
I cooked some fried eggs after draining the bacon fat into a small dish and they didn't stick at all, just lovely fried eggs.
The 3 piece knife set is also by Crofton (RRP £7.99). Each piece has it's own protective cover to keep your fingers safe when you reach into the knife drawer or you can add them to your favourite knife block.
Knives are a very personal thing which I find hard to buy without trying. These were a pleasant surprise - very sharp and each one fit for the individual job. This set:- chef knife, slicing knife and bread knife are all marble ILAG non stick coated encouraging your slices to slide right off.
The only thing I would have liked to see differently is the inclusion of a smaller utility knife instead of the bread knife which for me would have been the perfect combination.

Years ago when I first got married we had a Russell Hobbs electric kettle in the funny old fashioned, round shape which seems a million years ago!

Now Aldi have a Russell Hobbs matching kettle and toaster set in a range of colours including black and bright red.  My kitchen has tiles of black, red and cream allowing me to have my appliances in any of those colours. (Kettle RRP £14.99 & Toaster RRP £14.00)

I was especially please to receive the Canterbury range in the bright red which will fit into my colorur scheme perfectly.  The kettle is cordless which means it lifts off the stand which is plugged in allowing you to move to the other part of the counter to pour without having the cord problem.
The toaster, equally bright red, has wide toast slots which accommodate crumpets and muffins as well as the thicker slices of bread, you can even toast bread straight from the freezer.

Now one item I was particularly interested in is the single induction hob (by Ambiano) (RRP £29.99).  I have always thought this would be a great asset when having a BBQ and you wanted to boil potatoes or keep beans hot.
This hob has cooking program buttons available to heat milk, stew, stir fry, deep fry and boil water along with a time function.
Occasionally I am cooking for a crowd and the cooker is full so having an extra hob will be really helpful.  I think I am going to use this a lot in my entertaining future!

Aldi have a long list of other 'must have' products in store and are constantly adding new ones.  They are all available while stocks last so don't leave it it there is something you especially want to purchase.

I was sent a selection of Aldi products but was not required to write a positive review.  All opinions and photos are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment