Saturday 27 April 2013

Pickles from Home

We were really lucky earlier this year when my neice stopped off in the UK for a visit on her way to study in Australia.  We hadn't seen the family since 2007 and Miss Brit hadn't ever been to the UK so there was great excitment and planning where to take her when she was here.

Before Miss Brit left home she asked if there was anything I would like her to bring.  I asked for some Hershey's cooking chocolate powder and Miracle Whip. I don't like mayonnaise and Miracle Whip is a kind of mayo substitute.  Probably all plastic but sometimes you need something to add to the tuna and sweetcorn or egg mayo!


But I wasn't prepared for all the goodies my sister put in the suitcase for me! Lots of lovely flavours and tastes from home.


My sister has recently moved to North Carolina from Vermont and discovered these amazing pickles which she included in my care package.  I think I sussed her evil plan! Get me addicted to the pickles and I will have to visit her to get some more!  Well there could be some method in her madness.  I am addicted to the pickles (well, not the okra) and really looking forward to visiting her new home with an empty suitcase!







Real southern pecans to make pecan pie!

 
Like all your Christmasses at once, thanks sis!

1 comment:

  1. ARRRRGHHH all those pecans. My idea of Heaven

    ReplyDelete