Thursday 14 February 2013

Rachel's Yoghurt Coconut & Blueberry Muffins

I was recently sent some Rachel's Organic Greek StyleYoghurt to try.  I do like this range of yoghurt but I didn't just want to have this on its own or over some sort of breakfast cereal so I though I would try to make some breakfast muffins.

I wanted to sift the flour to help keep the muffins light, and mixed all the dry ingredients together.

 
 
I then mixed all the wet ingredients together including the Rachel's Organic Yoghurt with Coconut and some of the blueberries from my freezer.

 
 
I lightly greased the muffin pan, my new Pampered Chef Brownie Pan which I have been using for all sorts of baking lately. Used the mixture to fill the 12 squares and baked them about 25-30 mins at 180oC/350oF/Gas Mark 4.
 

These worked really well, although I though they were a bit heavy so perhaps I used too much yoghurt.




Of course the finished muffins didn't last long!

Ingredients:
340g Rachel's Organic Coconut Yoghury
250g Self Raising Flour
120g Caster Sugar
1tsp baking powder
2 large eggs
3 Tbsp milk
6 Tbsp vegetable oil

Method:
* Preheat oven
* Mix together the dry ingredients; the flour, sugar and baking powder.
* In a separate bowl mix the egg, yoghurt, mild and vegetable oil.
* Carefully mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
* Lightly grease muffin square wells and fill each one to just below the top.
* Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until they are golden and have risen.  Leave to cool in the tin for about 5 mins before moving to a plate to serve.

Makes about 12 muffins depending on the muffin pan you use.


No comments:

Post a Comment