Thursday 10 January 2013

Baked Haddock with Creamy Topping

When I open the freezer and see fish I usually choose something else because I don't really know what to do with the fish! But tonight bravery took over and I decided to go with the fish.  Now I just happened to have some wild scottish haddock from Delish Fish via Fish Is The Dish in the freezer so that was my starting point.



The fish is caught off the coast of Aberdeen, Scotland, filleted and packed in single bags ready to use or put in the freezer. This ensures the flavour is as fresh as can be. The haddock fillets are thick and don't dry out when cooked.

I placed the fillets in a shallow oven proof dish and spread a mixture of Total Greek Yoghurt and the new Boursin Fig and 3 Nut (cashews, walnuts and pecans  cheese over the top. Boursin is known for its original cheese (remember: Du Pain, Du Vin, Du Boursin advert!), and now they are adding new flavours to their list. The 0% Total Greek Yoghurt made the cheese  creamy and easy to spread on top of the fish.


For a bit of crunch I crushed about 8 Ritz crackers and sprinkled them on the top.


Into the oven for about 15-20 mins at 180o and presto, ready.

Mr R really liked the fish and kept on saying how good it was!  I served it with cold potatoes fried with some chopped onion till crisp.

1 comment:

  1. I'm making a variation of this for my dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete