Saturday 27 December 2014

Foxcroft & Ginger - Restaurant Review

When I first worked in London I would walk along Berwick Street in Soho to get my fruit and vegetables from the market. This market had been there for many years, with one side of the street a colleciton of cafes and Asian incence shops whilst the other side of the street was shop after shop of wholesale fabric, furry, shiny leathers, airy organza and much more.

The fabric shops are disappearing and in their place little eateries such as Foxcroft & Ginger.
My friend Val and I entered the shop front which was small and intimate and we were asked to go down stairs. The downstairs wasn't much bigger and was sparsley set out. 
The menu had a lovely selection of Brunch such as Eggs Benedict, French Toast as well as Herb Roasted Mushrooms and Lunch items such as Spiced Moroccan Chicken Salad with Chickpea, Roasted Pepper, butternutsquash and Tahini Yoghurt Dressing or Slow Roasted Pork, Leek Gratin, Mature Cheddar and Pickled Red Jalapeno on Sourdough plus loads more just as innovative and interesting.

We were given menus but told that the only thing they had that evening was the pizzas!

We both had a hot drink, I expressed admiration for the design on my coffee -
I had the sourdough pizza with Garlic & Fennel Sausage, Red Pepper, ricotta and Burnt Onion.
Val had the Goats Cheese, Fig, Kale Pesto & Marinated Beetroot with Marscapone.
A selection of the cakes for us to share. At this point though we were really full but couldn't resist!
A few bags of Shipton Mill flour for all that artisan baking and pizza dough they have planned!
Next time you are walking around Soho in London and find yourself on Berwick Street, don't walk past the tiny entrance of Foxcroft & Ginger but step inside for a lovely treat.

I was a guest of Foxcroft & Ginger but was not required to write a positive review. As usual all opinions and photos are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment