Saturday 4 October 2014

PAUL & Meeting Up With Fellow Food Bloggers

Not long ago I was invited to discover the menu at the newly opened restaurant of PAUL at their Covent Garden patisserie. It was a great discovery for somewhere to get a great coffee, fresh pastry and bread or a truly delicious regional French meal.  To read my account click here.
A couple of weeks ago a group of food blogger friends met up there for supper.  I didn’t think you wanted me to reiterate the menu or what I had to eat (I was going to have a different main course but enjoyed the Confit de Canard so much I had it again).
We had a lovely evening chatting and giving each other blogging help and hints. Sitting in this restaurant you could look around and feel like you were really in France in a lovely local bistro! The mirrors, the chairs and tables and the overloaded French dresser all added to the ambiance.
The staff make sure you feel at home and offer you a friendly but not pushy service, making sure you want to return again, with friends or even on your own (you would be most welcome!).
Next time you are in between Leicester Square and Covent Garden and you don’t have helilcopter access to transport you to France for a traditional regional meal or a fresh baguette, pop down to Bedford Street (or look on their web site to find your other branches)and visit PAUL!
They have a great loyalty scheme entitling you to free coffee, sandwiches and more if you sign up on line.  I also was attracted to their pic-nic bag offer.  Perfect for a picnic for 2-4 people lunching in a London park but even now the weather has turned it is perfect for a pic-nic in a sheltered place, feet up and dry while you ponder what to do next in London.

Their house red wine is really lovely and purse friendly! It is a smooth red with no sharp 'wine' edges!  Cheers!!

For more PAUL fun, food and frolics have a look at some of the reviews from that day from some of my blogger friends that went too.

1. Karen Burns Booth - Lavender and Lovage

2. Manjiri Chitnis - A Slice of Me

3. Nayna Kanabar - Citrus Spice UK

4. Tina Chawla - The Spicy Pear

5. Sylvia Filozof - Happiness is Homemade

6. Mabintu Mustapha - Recipes From A Pantry

 
I was a guest of PAUL Covent Garden but as usual all opinions and photos are my own.

7 comments:

  1. Aww, so wish I could have visited with you girlies. Maybe next time :)
    Janie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. There will be a next time! You will come!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review it was indeed a lovely meet with some lovely food too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a nice relaxed meet-up wasn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUCH a lovely review of a FAB meal and get together Heidi! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Karen, it was a great afternoon spent with great friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to know another fellow blogger from London. I was browsing thro Karen's Blog and I landed here reading about the blogger meet. It must have been an absolute pleasure being in the company of like minds....

    Do visit my space when you get a chance. Would love to connect.

    I am running a giveaway at my space . Do participate to win this fantastic vegetarian book tibits at home.
    http://sandhyas-kitchen.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/tibits-at-homea-book-review-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete