Friday 7 February 2014

A Real Grilled Cheese Sandwich

When I was growing up we would have a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch, a few 'potato chips' (or crisps as I now call them) and a cold glass of milk.

We didn't have fancy sandwich makers or grill machines just a frying pan.  Sometimes I like to make a grilled cheese like the old days and when I was asked to try Leerdammer's new sliced cheese I thought it would be a perfect time. The Leerdammer brand was born in 1977 and is a semi hard cheese available in block form and now sliced.


You get 6 full size slices of this delicious, nutty flavoured cheese in each pack


Take two slices of your favourite bread. Butter one side only of each slice. Place the first slice butter side down in your hot frying pan.  Place your cheese on top.


Put the second slice of bread on the top of the cheese butter side up.



When the underside is golden brown flip over and cook until that side is golden however press down as it cooks to help it stick together.

Not true to the original but I couldn't resist adding a few drops of Smoked Chipotle Tabasco sauce.

 
Gooey, melty cheese for the perfect Leerdammer Grilled Cheese Sandwich!

 
 
 
I received samples of the Leerdammer Toastie cheese, I was not paid to review the product or to write a positive review.  The opionions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment